Training courses for 2014
December 19, 2013 § Leave a comment
This year has seen a very successful return of open supervision skills training courses – programmes ran in Manchester, Edinburgh and London. I also ran a workshop at the Midlands Mediation Network in early December.
Here’s a flavour of the feedback:
- I felt comfortable to share my views with the rest of the group which I don’t normally feel able to do; so I was definitely more vocal and this was down to John’s training style and relaxed atmosphere. Brilliant!
- [It put] depth to the structure I already have in place, to make the process more meaningful and productive for all involved.
- A very well thought out day with a great mixture of learning tools.
- This was excellent. John brings so much wisdom, respect, balance and thoughtfulness to the training. Just about as good as it gets!
And from a post-course e-mail:
“I gained a great deal from the day and loved the way in which you managed the needs of us all so calmly and peacefully (a strange word to use for this purpose, but that’s the environment which you created). The way in which you gave us info – instead of the usual constant brainstorming and discussion to get to the same result but more slowly(!) – was much appreciated and has enabled me to focus on key issues which I will need to raise with the Trustees of Mediation Bucks when we continue discussions about how I will work with them as a supervisor – thank you.” Jackie Miller.
Here are my plans for training in the coming year – expressions of interest welcome, so that I can keep you informed:
- Supervision skills either the Midlands or the South-West, depending on interest; in London; and in Edinburgh or Glasgow
- An advanced supervision course, for those who want to really deepen their practice; likely to be in London and Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Reflective Practice
- Innovation and creativity for leaders, managers and practitioners
All these courses will carry CPD points, accredited by the College of Mediators
E-mail to register your interest, especially if you want to influence the location of any of these courses; and sign-up to this blog, as details of all courses in 2014 will be promoted here.