Applications now open: Postgraduate Certificate in Defending Human Rights
August 15, 2014 § Leave a comment
I was privileged this year to convene an online Module on Leading and Managing Effective Human Rights Organisations. the Module was part of the Centre for Applied Human Rights‘ Postgraduate Certificate in Defending Human Rights.
The Centre is an amazing department at the University of York, distinguished by its applied approach to promoting and protecting human rights around the world, and its annual protective fellowship scheme for at-risk Human Rights Defenders.
The Centre is aiming to run the three Modules again this coming academic year.
You may know of colleagues in your networks and partner organisations who you think would benefit from joining the course? It’s specifically targeted at those who are already working in human rights defending and who want to build their knowledge and practical skills needed for effective human rights work under challenging circumstances.
- A part-time programme designed for human rights defenders and related practitioners, running from September 2014 to July 2015
- Scholarships available to cover 50% of fees
- Online teaching by tutors and guest lecturers with practical field experience
- Modules in International Human Rights Law and Advocacy, Working Safely: Managing Risk and Strengthening Protection, and Leading and Managing Effective Human Rights Organisations.
- Modules can be taken individually; or the whole course offers a Postgraduate Certificate in Defending Human Rights